How to request ICANN the AUTH CODE or TRANSFER CODE for your .com domains registered with Net4India
Update : This process is depreciated since ICANN announced on 12th May 2021 that it has selected the "Gaining Registrar" and gTLD domains would be "Bulk Transferred" to the new Registrar. We have setup a page to track the status here, it is updated regularly : LINK
At the time of writing this article, generating AUTH CODE from Net4India control panel is non functional. If you are seeking to transfer your domain to another registrar you will need an AUTH CODE and the only way to get it is to contact the root registrar. In case of .com domains it is ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers). Here's the step-by-step process of how to do it.
There are two ways of doing it:
1) The Easy Way (Contact directly)
- A) Net4India designated Mr.Pankaj Shukla to oversee renewals and transfers. You can contact him at
Alternative email is:
- B) The head of ICANN (India), Mr Samiran Gupta is actively communicating with issues related to .com domains registered with Net4India. You can contact him and explain the issue whether it is domain transfer, domain renewal, or pending renewal. He can be contacted at :
His Twitter handle is :
2) The Hard Way (Contacting the Contractual Compliance Team)
ICANN has listed a process for obtaining the AUTH CODE in case the Registrar is not providing it for any reason.
Image Credit: ICANN.ORG
This URL is where you can raise the complaint :
The first thing to keep in mind is that ICANN cannot generate AUTH CODES, but it can ask the Registrar to comply with the Contract.
Fill up the details in the form.
List out your domains.
If you have more than 5 domains, select the radio button and attach a CSV (Comma Separated Values) of all your domains names.
How: Using a text editor, create a file named Domains.csv, enter all you domains separated bu comma's (Eg: example.com,example1.com,example2.com.....), and attach it.
Fill the form in the next page as well, the most suitable reason to type in the text box is "Provision to generate AUTH CODE is not available in the Control Panel of the Registrar".
Attach all the supporting files.
Your customer info at Net4India.
Registration and Renewal details of your domain name at Net4India.
Domains.csv if you have more than 5 domains.
Note down the complaint number and click "Finish" to submit it.
Soon after, you will receive a automated email from ICANN mentioned that the issue has be taken up.
Revisiting this process again and keeping in mind the words "ICANN is not a Registrar cannot generate TRANSFER CODES", the 2nd process is most likely a complex option, particularly considering that "ICANN Has Terminated Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) with Net 4 India Limited" on 26 February 2021. It is hence recommended to follow the 1st process for easy resolution of this issue. All that you can do is wait for the communication from their end.
And we got the response from ICANN Contractual Compliance 4 months after we filed the complaint.
And that's the reason we called this process HARD, maybe we should have called it SLOW.
If you receive the AUTH CODE, this is how to go about next:
Using this Authentication Code, you can transfer your domain to any Registrar, but, we recommend you select a reputed Registrar instead of a low cost option. After all, you are going though this entire process because of a choice that was made earlier.
A few very important things to take care of:
1) Make sure the RABT (Registrant Data such ad Address, Phone Number and EMail) are same at both the Registrars. DO NOT CHANGE the details at Net4 as it will lock the domain transfer for 60 days, instead carefully clone the credentials at the new Registrar that you are Transferring-In.
2) In case it the transfer could not be processed for any reason, most Registrars offer a full refund.
3) The renewal period at the new Registrar will be in addition to the current period at Net4, say you have 6 months more for renewal at Net4 and you moved the domain to the new Registrar with the minimum 1 year subscription, your renewal will fall after 1 year 6 months. Thankfully, the money you already paid is not going waste.
Keep your fingers crossed for 10 days (Our's was done in 5 days). And don't worry, there is always a way out 99% of the time.
This super fast webpage loads in 1 Second across the world. The layout auto-adapts to display according to the target device. So, If you wish to share this article, please do so with the link or the sharing buttons at the bottom so that the viewer will have a similar experience.
Current Status Update
We have created a "Current Status Page" with up to date information about the availability of Net4India's Website, Name Servers, Web Servers, Mail Servers along with the status of ICANN "DARTP Bulk Transfer".
You can check it here : LINK
Comments powered by CComment
Authors | @ArjunAndVishnu
We write for FreeSupport.in with the intent to solve technical issues.
Our other websites include LearnTechEasy.com and PicDictionary.com (An online dictionary in pictures).
I am Vishnu, I write the content and create the webpages. My younger brother Arjun, edits the images and videos for our websites. We recently started our YouTube Channel. We are also on FaceBook and Twitter.