How to get Auth Code and transfer out domain name from Net4India - Step By Step Process
Under the tab "Manage My Domain", on the right hand side, you will find the Auth Code "Retrieve" button. Click it to generate the Authentication Code. Things to remember before generating the Auth Code :
1) Your RABT (Registrant details) should not have been changed in the past 60 days)
2) Your domain name must not be in renewal pending status
Transferring the domain is a 2-step process. You confirm in first E-Mail and the Auth Code will be received in the second E-mail.
Once clicked, the Auth Code will be generated. You will get a confirmation message that says "A mail has been sent to the Registrant EMail ID"
Login to your registered mail id and look for the mail that says "Auth code request of Domain Name 'Example.Com' received in the subject line.
Note: It takes 10 minutes for the mail to arrive and usually lands up in the "Spam Folder", be sure to check there.
Opening the mail will show the "Transfer-Out Request", click the blue "click here" to confirm the request.
This will take you to the Net4 website where you will be presented with "I agree to proceed" and "I do not agree to proceed" buttons. Click the green button to agree.
A confirmation will show that the "Status captured successfully"
Now wait for the mail that says "Request for Authentication Code of Domain Name "Example.com" received. Again it will land up in the Spam Folder, for some reason Gmail thinks Domain Transfer mails from Net4India are Spam, no matter how many times you mark them as Not Spam. Average wait time to receive this E-mail is 15 minutes.
Opening the mail will show you the Authentication Code. Bingo, if you came this far you are 90% successful with your domain transfer.
Using this Authentication Code, you can transfer your domain to any Registrar, but, we recommend you select a reputed Registrar instead of a low cost option. After all, you are going though this entire process because of a choice that was made earlier.
A few very important things to take care of:
1) Make sure the RABT (Registrant Data such ad Address, Phone Number and EMail) are same at both the Registrars. DO NOT CHANGE the details at Net4 as it will lock the domain transfer for 60 days, instead carefully clone the credentials at the new Registrar that you are Transferring-In.
2) In case it the transfer could not be processed for any reason, most Registrars offer a full refund.
3) The renewal period at the new Registrar will be in addition to the current period at Net4, say you have 6 months more for renewal at Net4 and you moved the domain to the new Registrar with the minimum 1 year subscription, your renewal will fall after 1 year 6 months. Thankfully, the money you already paid is not going waste.
Keep your fingers crossed for 10 days. And don't worry, there is always a way out 99% of the time.
This super fast webpage loads in 1 Second across the world. The layout auto-adapts to display according to the target device. So, If you wish to share this article, please do so with the link or the sharing buttons at the bottom so that the viewer will have a similar experience.
Comments powered by CComment
Authors | @ArjunAndVishnu
We write for FreeSupport.in with the intent to solve common technical issues.
Our other websites include LearnTechEasy.com and PicDictionary.com (An online dictionary in pictures).
I am Vishnu, I write the content and create the webpages. My younger brother Arjun, edits the images and videos for our websites. We recently started our YouTube Channel. We are also on Twitter.